• 1 of 6 Banner GWT 25
  • 2 of 6 Banner GWT 25-1
  • 3 of 6 Banner GWT 25-2
  • 4 of 6 Banner GWT 25-3
  • 5 of 6
  • 6 of 6 Banner GWT 25-5

No Contact Traffic Apprehension Policy (13 Things You Need to Know)
(Updated June 7, 2022)

1. What is the No Contact Traffic Apprehension Policy?

The No Contact Traffic Apprehension is a policy that utilizes CCTV, digital cameras and/or other gadgets or technology to capture videos and images to apprehend vehicles violating  traffic laws, rules and regulations.

2. What is its coverage?

The No Physical Contact Apprehension covers the apprehension of violators in areas within Metro Manila that are covered by MMDA CCTV cameras.

3.   Will the policy rid Metro Manila roads of MMDA Traffic Enforcers?

No. It was conceptualized to supplement the presence of MMDA Traffic Enforcers. Aside from the fact that there are still places not covered by CCTVs, the No Contact Traffic Apprehension was designed to catch moving violations, thus leaving the apprehension of administrative offenses to MMDA constables.

4.   How will the No Contact Team know about the records of the vehicle?

The MMDA No Contact Apprehension Team will search for the motor vehicle records of violators in coordination with the Land Transportation Office – Information Query Facility (LTO-IQF).

5.   If I’m the registered owner and the current owner hasn’t processed the vehicle’s transfer of registration yet, will I still be penalized for a violation I did not commit?

The notice shall require the registered owner of the vehicle to identify its driver at the time and place indicated in the notice and his/her address. It is the responsibility of the current owner to have the vehicle registered under his/her name. If a previous owner receives the Notice, he or she may proceed to the No-Contact Office in 4th floor at the MMDA Main Building, Makati City and show a notarized Deed of Sale as evidence, as well the name and address of the current owner. .

6.   How will the MMDA send the notice to violators?

Notices shall be sent thru registered mail (Philpost) for private owners of vehicles; while the bus company's liaison officer may pick up the notice in our Records Division.

7.   From the day of violation, how many days will the notice be given?

The MMDA NCAP Office distributes the notices by batch. However, the duration of the delivery of the notice depends on the courier.

8.   What if the violator refuses to receive the notice to violators?

Traffic violators who refuse to receive or accept the notice issued to them without any valid reason shall be deemed to have received it by leaving a copy and submission of an affidavit of service or report attesting the refusal of the violator to acknowledge receipt of the notice.

9.   Within how many days should a driver settle his/her violation under this policy?

Payment of fines and penalties shall be made within seven days upon receipt of the first notice to any authorized accredited payment centers unless a protest is filed before the MMDA TAD, in which case, the fines as finally adjudicated shall be paid at the Collection Division of the MMDA Central Office.

10.   Where should I pay to settle my violation?

The violator may pay either at the MMDA Main Office, SM Bills Payment, or any accredited Bayad Centers nationwide.

11.    If I don’t agree with the violation given to me, how do I contest it?

The notice of violation contains a statement that the traffic violator shall have the right to file a protest before the MMDA-Traffic Adjudication Division or TAD within seven days from receipt of the notice, and that failure to do so within the prescribed period shall be seen as a waiver of such right to contest the violation or present evidence as a defense.

Within fifteen days from receipt of an adverse TAD resolution, the driver may file a Motion for Reconsideration. Within thirty (30) days from receipt of the denial of the Motion for Reconsideration, the driver may file an appeal at the Office of the Chairman where the Decision shall be final and executory.

12.   What will happen if I don’t pay at all?

If a violator fails to settle the assessed fines or penalties from the receipt of the notice, the vehicle license plate number shall be included in the Alarm list and automatically the renewed request for registration will be void.

13.   Who will I contact if I have questions regarding my violations?

Contact the Redemption Center with the telephone number 8882-2629 loc. 1164/1165. You can also directly contact the No Contact Apprehension Office through their telephone number 8882-4151 loc. 1084 or send them an email at: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

transparency pic

Calendar of Events