Dec. 15, 2022
10 Days to Go: "Balik Saya’ MMFF 2022 in Cinemas Begins
The Metro Manila Film Festival 2022 is set to bring another joy and excitement to both Filipino filmmakers and moviegoers as its most anticipated run in cinemas nears.
On December 21, the MMFF will hold its Parade of Stars in Quezon City. The parade will feature floats carrying celebrities from the eight official movie entries in this year’s festival.
Inspired by eight films competing in the festival, the parade will give the onlookers a chance to see the stars of the MMFF entries in person.
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA), which organizes the much-anticipated annual event, advises motorists to avoid the parade route and take the listed alternate routes.
The parade will start from Mabuhay Rotonda, go straight towards Quezon Avenue to Quezon Memorial Circle at 4 p.m.
It will cover a distance of 7.36 kilometers and is expected to take a minimum of two hours and 30 minutes.
Starting at 3:30 p.m on December 21, the westbound direction of E. Rodriguez from D. Tuazon to Mabuhay Rotonda will be closed to vehicular traffic. It will be opened after all the floats have passed.
On the night of December 20, motorists are also advised to avoid E. Rodriguez Avenue from Banawe to Mabuhay Rotonda, which will be the staging area for the floats. It shall occupy one lane in the westbound direction, while the eastbound direction is open to traffic.
The 48th MMFF, with the theme "Balik Saya," will begin on December 25 and run through January 7, 2023, with all of the chosen eight films being screened in theaters nationwide.
"We are urging everyone to support our filmmakers and watch the MMFF lineup of entries that feature different genres. Spend time with your families, friends, and loved ones, and see as many movies as possible; let us all make this fest a success," said MMDA Acting Chairman and concurrent MMFF Over-all Chairman Atty. Romando Artes.
The official eight entries to the MMFF 2022 are: "Deleter" by Viva Communications, Inc.; "Family Matters" by Cineko Productions, Inc.; "Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told" by Borracho Film Production; "My Father, Myself" by 3:16 Media Network and Mentorque Productions; "Nanahimik ang Gabi" by Rein Entertainment Productions; "Partners in Crime" by ABS-CBN Film Productions; "Labyu with an Accent" by ABS-CBN Film Productions; and "My Teacher" by TEN17P.
On December 27, the eight movie entries will compete for the festival awards, which will be presented during the Gabi ng Parangal to be held at the New Frontier Theater in Quezon City.
ALTERNATE ROUTES FOR THE MMFF PARADE OF STARS ON DECEMBER 21, 2022
VEHICLES TOWARDS EDSA/QMC:
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should turn right at Blumentritt Road then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right Nicanor Ramirez., left at Cordillera St, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard may also turn right at Nicanor Ramirez, go straight towards Cordillera St., right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave. towards East Avenue to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS MANILA AREA
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue tunnel up ramp should turn right at Biak na Bato, left at Dapitan Street, left at Lacson Avenue and right at Espana Boulevard to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue turn right at D Tuazon Street, then left at Sen. Mariano Cuenco to Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Road, then right at España Blvd to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS DEL MONTE AVENUE AND ARANETA AVENUE
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should take Mabuhay Rotonda, then right at Blumentritt Road, then right at Piy Margal Street, then left to Mayon Street to their destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS E. RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, EDSA/QMC
• Vehicles traveling from Mayon Street should turn right at Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at Nicanor Ramirez St., and straight towards Cordillera St. right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
Top of Form