Dec. 7, 2022
MMDA Lists Alternate Routes for MMFF Parade of Stars 2022 on December 21
All is set for the Parade of Stars 2022 that will take place in Quezon City on December 21 and signal the start of the countdown to the highly anticipated and illustrious Metro Manila Film Festival (MMFF).
The parade, hosted by the Quezon City local government, will feature floats carrying the stars of the eight official movie entries in this year's MMFF beginning at Welcome Rotonda at 4 p.m. and ending at Quezon Memorial Circle (QMC).
As part of the agency’s traffic management plan, Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) Acting Chairman and concurrent MMFF over-all Chairman Atty. Romando Artes said members of the Traffic Engineering Center, Traffic Discipline Office, and Sidewalk Clearing Operations Group are working hand-in-hand with the Quezon City LGU and barangay leaders to manage traffic and ensure safety of the people attending the parade.
The MMFF Parade Committee, the local government of Quezon City, and concerned barangay officials have also inspected the route and the parade grounds.
Staging area for the floats of eight official entries and MMDA will be along E. Rodriguez Avenue to Banawe. On the evening of December 20, motorists are advised to stay away from the site for the construction of stage and float ingress.
The parade will cover a distance of 7.36 kilometers and is expected to take a minimum of two hours and 30 minutes.
The MMDA also listed alternate routes for motorists that will be affected by the parade.
ALTERNATE ROUTES FOR THE MMFF PARADE OF STARS
VEHICLES TOWARDS EDSA/QMC:
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should turn right at Blumentritt Road then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right Nicanor Ramirez., left at Cordillera St, right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Avenue, left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard may also turn right at Nicanor Ramirez, go straight towards Cordillera St., right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS MANILA AREA
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue tunnel up ramp should turn right at Biak na Bato, left at Dapitan Street, left at Lacson Avenue and right at Espana Boulevard to destination.
• Vehicles traveling from Quezon Avenue turn right at D Tuazon Street, then left at Sen. Mariano Cuenco to Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Road, then right at España Blvd to destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS DEL MONTE AVENUE AND ARANETA AVENUE
• Vehicles traveling from España Boulevard should take a U-turn at Mabuhay Rotonda, then right at Blumentritt Road, then right at Piy Margal Street, then left to Mayon Street to their destination.
VEHICLES TOWARDS E. RODRIGUEZ SR. AVENUE, EDSA/QMC
• Vehicles traveling from Mayon Street should turn right at Piy Margal Street, left at Blumentritt Rd. then left at Sto. Tomas Street or Matimyas Street, right at Nicanor Ramirez St., and straight towards Cordillera St. right at E. Rodriguez Sr. Ave., Left at Tomas Morato, right at Timog Ave towards East Avenue to destination.
The official eight entries to the MMFF 2022 are: "Deleter" by Viva Communications, Inc.; "Family Matters" by Cineko Productions, Inc.; "Mamasapano: Now It Can Be Told" by Borracho Film Production; "My Father, Myself" by 3:16 Media Network and Mentorque Productions; "Nanahimik ang Gabi" by Rein Entertainment Productions; "Partners in Crime" by ABS-CBN Film Productions; "Labyu with an Accent" by ABS-CBN Film Productions; and "My Teacher" by TEN17P.
The 48th MMFF will officially open in theaters nationwide from December 25, 2022, until January 7, 2023.
Top of Form