April 29, 2022
MMDA LISTS ALTERNATE ROUTES FOR CARAVAN ON MAY 1
The Duterte Legacy Caravan, organized by National Task Force to End Local Communist Armed Conflict (NTF-ELCAC), will take place at the People Power Monument in Quezon City on Sunday, May 1 morning.
To give way for the activity, one lane along EDSA-northbound from Corinthians Gate up to Aguinaldo Gate and White Plains-westbound from Temple Drive up to EDSA will be closed to vehicular traffic. Road closure will start at 2am and will end until 12 noon.
The MMDA is in-charge of traffic management, emergency response, and clearing operations after the program.
Traffic enforcers will be deployed to guide the affected motorists while members of the Sidewalk Clearing Group personnel will be on hand to assist crowd control measures.
Emergency assistance will also be provided for those who need medical help at first-aid stations. Ambulances will also be positioned at key areas.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area and take following alternate routes to avoid inconvenience:
FROM EDSA NORTHBOUND LANE
1. Right to McKinley Rd to C5 to destination
2. Right at Kalayaan Ave. to C5 to destination
3. Take Rockwell flyover, straight to Kalayaan Ave, right at P. Burgos and utilized Makati Mandaluyong Bridge
4. Right at J.P.Rizal to C5 to destination
5. Right at Pioneer St. to C5 to destination
6. Right at Shaw Blvd. to C5 to destination
7. Right at J. Vargas Ave. to C5 to destination
ALONG ORTIGAS AVENUE
1. Left turning traffic from Greenhills to EDSA must go straight along Ortigas Ave. to destination.
2. Right turning traffic from Meralco Ave. must go straight to Greenhills to destination
FROM EDSA SOUTHBOUND LANE
1. Right to Santolan, left turn to Ortigas Ave then right turn to EDSA to point of destination, and or right at Wilsons, left at P. Guevarra and Shaw Blvd, right turn to EDSA to point of destination.
The “Duterte Legacy: Barangayanihan Caravan Towards National Recovery” is a collaboration with government agencies that aims to inform the public about the government’s programs, policies, accomplishments, and efforts to bring about real change to the lives of the Filipino people by showcasing the administration’s policies and programs.
Top of Form