July 10, 2021
Motorists Encouraged to Use Mabuhay Lanes As Skyway Stage 3 Starts Charging Toll
In preparation for the charging of toll of Skyway Stage 3 on Monday, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority today revisits the Mabuhay Lanes as it expects additional vehicular volume on EDSA.
MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos inspected part of Mabuhay Lane Route 1 in Mother Ignacia, Sct. Esguerra, and Sct. Ybardolaza in Quezon City. He personally oversaw the installation of directional road signages that will serve as guide to the motorists.
“Motorists who are coming from the northern part of Metro Manila and will travel southbound, and those who might want to avoid EDSA can take Mabuhay Lanes as alternate routes,” he said.
“We want to give them options on their travel without being stuck in traffic,” he added.
The MMDA will only allow night-time repairs including reblockings and other road constructions from 11pm to 5am to avoid traffic during rush hours.
Despite the expected influx of motorists in EDSA, Abalos said he sees no need to re-implement the number coding scheme as traffic is still manageable.
Abalos also said that he asked for assistance and cooperation from the seven local government units covered by the Mabuhay Lane routes to effectively clear the routes from any form of obstructions. He also emphasized that illegal parking won’t be allowed in any of the Mabuhay Lane routes:
ROUTE from north to south:
• From EDSA turn right at Mother Ignacia, left at Sgt. Esguerra, right at Sct. Ybardolaza straight to Judge Jimenez Street, right at E. Rodriguez Avenue, left at Gilmore, right at N. Domingo, left at Pinaglabanan, right at P. Guevarra St., left at L. Mencias, right at Shaw Boulevard, left at Martinez/Nueve de Pebrero, right at Maysilo Circle, right at San Francisco, left at Coronado, take Makati – Mandaluyong bridge to Makati and or to destination.
• From EDSA: Turn right at West Avenue, right to Del Monte Ave., left at Sto. Domingo or Biak na Bato, right at Amoranto then left at Banawe or D. Tuazon, right at Maria Clara or Dapitan to destination
• From North Luzon Expressway (NLEx): Exit at Mindanao Avenue Access Ramp, right at Mindanao Ave., left at Congressional, right at Luzon Avenue, take Bridge crossing Commonwealth Avenue, Katipunan Avenue, C-5 to destination
• From Quezon City to Makati City: Take N. Domingo left to Blumentritt-Kalentong, left at Manalost. Right at Mariano, right atLuna Mencias, right at Shaw Blvd., left at Acacia Lane, right at F. Ortigas, left at Primo Cruz, left at F. Blumentritt, Coronado take Mandaluyong-Makati Bridge to destination
• From Quezon City to Makati City: Take N. Domingo left to Blumentritt-Kalentong, left at Manalost. Right at Mariano, right atLuna Mencias, right at Shaw Blvd., left at Nueve de Febrero, straight to Martinez Ave, left at Maysilo Circle, left at Boni Ave.,right at Sikap Street, right at Maria Clara street, left at Sgt. Bumatay Street, cross at Pantaleon Street, straight to Mandaluyong-Makati Bridge to destination
• From Quezon City to Makati City: From E. Rodriguez left at Matimyas - Plaza Nolito Fajardo left at V. G. Cruz, right at Lardizabal, left at DelaFuente, right at Ramon Magsaysay Blvd. Nagtahan to P. Quirino left at South Super Highway.
• From North Luzon Expressway (NLEX): Right at Balintawak to Cloverleaf to EDSA going to Monumento then left at A. De Jesus St. (8th st.), left at C-3, right at A. Bonifacio, take Mayon Ave. to Welcome Rotonda.
ROUTE to Greenhills, San Juan City
• From EDSA: Turn right at Banahaw street, right at Makiling, left at Benitez, straight at St. Joseph, left at Ortigas Ave. to Greenhills Shopping Center.
• From EDSA: Turn right at Anapolis, right at Eisenhower then left at Club Filipino to Ortigas Ave. to Greenhills Shopping Center.
ROUTE to Baclaran, Paranaque City
• From EDSA: Turn right at Connecticut to Ortigas Ave. to Greenhills Shopping Center
• From EDSA: Take EDSA-Tramo flyover then right at Andrews Avenue straight to Airport road, right at Roxas Blvd. take Service road to Redemptorist.
• From Manila Area: Along Roxas Blvd. take a U-turn at Airport road, take Service road to Redemptorist.
ROUTE to Carriedo, Manila City
• From Manila Area: From Taft Ave. take Ayala Blvd. left at Carlos Palanca (Echague) to Carriedo Street.
• From Manila Area: From Padre Burgos take Jones Bridge right at Muelle del Blanco National to Plaza Lacson to Carriedo.
ROUTE to Divisoria, Manila
• From Dapitan Zuki Market: Take A. H. Lacson Ave. turn left at Tayuman Street, then left at Dagupan Street to Divisoria.
• From Roxas Blvd. right at Claro M. Recto straight to Divisoria.
• From R-10: Left at Moriones Street then right at Dagupan Street to Divisoria.
MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos inspects part of Mabuhay Lanes in Quezon City and oversees installation of road signages that will serve as guide for motorists who may want to avoid EDSA on Monday, as the Skyway Stage 3 starts charging toll. Abalos encouraged motorists to use Mabuhay Lanes as alternate routes to decongest EDSA. The MMDA, in coordination with the local government units, will conduct clearing operations in the said routes to help alleviate traffic in the metropolis.
Top of Form