March 16, 2021
Minors Banned Outdoors Anew for Two Weeks Starting Tomorrow
Only individuals aged 18-65 years old are allowed to go outside their residences amid the alarming rising number of COVID-19 cases in Metro Manila starting tomorrow, March 17.
The Metro Manila Council, through the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority, is drafting a resolution prohibiting minors, particularly aged 15-17, to go outdoors for a period of two weeks. This will be implemented in all the 17 LGUs comprising the National Capital Region.
According to MMDA Chairman Benhur Abalos, the move has been agreed upon by the Metro Manila mayors in a bid to contain the transmission of the virus in the metropolis.
"We are implementing age restrictions because of the increase in our COVID-19 cases. We encourage everyone to strictly observe and practice the minimum health protocols, and be extra careful and follow stringent measures particularly when around vulnerable family members, as there have been reports of transmission among family members. As I've said before, the metro mayors and MMDA are regularly monitoring the COVID-19 numbers and we will implement calibration and changes on our directives depending on the figures that we have," he said.
Last month, Abalos said NCR mayors agreed to ease age restrictions as the government sought to encourage economic activities.
Top of Form