Truck Ban Ordinance (Updated as of April 10, 2017)
1. What is the definition of cargo trucks?
Cargo Trucks are motor vehicles, principally intended for carrying cargo and having license plates of the following classifications: "S","T", "TC", "TH", "TRLB", "HHB", and "TRJ", to include other vehicles such as lorries, vans, tankers or other delivery vehicles, whether loaded or empty, having a gross capacity weight of more than 4,500 kilos.
2. When and where is the Truck Ban implemented?
From 6:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. and from 5:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. everyday except Sundays and Holidays, no cargo truck shall be allowed to travel or pass along:
- España Street through Quezon Avenue from Echague Street to the intersection of West and South Avenue;
- Claro M. Recto Avenue from Legarda St. to del Pan Street;
- President Quirino Avenue from South Superhighway to Roxas Boulevard;
- P. Burgos St. through Ayala Boulevard, Legarda St., Magsayasay Boulevard and Aurora Boulevard, from Roxas Boulevard to Boston Street;
- E. Rodriguez Avenue through Bonifacio Avenue from Welcome Rotonda to Shoe Avenue;
- South Superhighway through Nagtahan Bridge and Alfonso Mendoza Street from EDSA to Dimasalang Street;
- Taft Avenue through Quirino Avenue from Redemptorist Street to Plaza Lawton, to include McArthur, Quezon and Jones Bridges;
- Bonifacio Drive through Roxas Boulevard and NAIA Road to Aduana Street to the Ninoy Aquino International Airport;
- Rizal Avenue through Rizal Avenue Extension from Carriedo Street to the Bonifacio Monument;
- Reina Regente Street through Abad Santos Street from Regina Regente Bridge to Rizal Avenue Extension;
- Makati District Business;
- Ortigas Business District, Pasig City; and
- Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
3. Are there any alternate routes intended for cargo trucks who wish to go to and from the Port Area?
Yes there are. The following alternate routes leading to and from the Port Area shall not be included in the ban:
- SOUTHERN TRUCK ROUTE
From Port Area to South Superhighway
Bonifacio Drive, left P. Burgos, Finance Road, Ayala Boulevard, right San Marcelino, left President Quirino, right South Superhighway
From South Superhighway to Port Area
South Superhighway, right President Quirino, left United Nations Avenue, right Romualdez Street, left Ayala, P. Burgos, right Bonifacio Drive, to Port Area.
- NORTHERN TRUCK ROUTE
From Port Area to North Diversion Road
From Pier Zone, travelling northward along R-10, right Capulong towards Tayuman, straight ahead towards Gov. Forbes, left Maria Clara, left Dimasalang, right Blumentritt, left A. Bonifacio and find your way to the north.
From North Diversion Road to Port Area
From the north and travelling southward along A. Bonifacio Avenue, right Blumentritt, left Aurora Boulevard, right Dimasalang, right Aragon Street, right Gov. Forbes towards Tayuman and Capulong, left R-10 to the Pier Zone.
- EASTERN TRUCK ROUTE
From Port Area to Marcos Highway
From Pier Zone travelling northward along R-10, right Capulong towards Tayuman, straight ahead towards Gov. Forbes, left Maria Clara, cross Dimasalang, straight ahead towards Constancia, right at Constancia, left Laonglaan, straight towards D. Tuazon Avenue, left Quezon Boulevard Extension, straight towards Elliptical Road, take Don Mariano Marcos Avenue, left Aurora Boulevard, straight towards Marcos Highway.
From Marcos Highway to Port Area
Marcos Higway straight towards Aurora Boulevard, right at Katipunan, straight towards Tandang Sora, left Don Mariano Marcos Avenue, straight towards Elliptical Road, take Quezon Boulevard Extension, straight towards West Avenue, right West Avenue, left Del Monte Avenue, straight towards A. Bonifacio, left A. Bonifacio Drive, right Blumentritt, left Aurora Boulevard, right Dimasalang, right /aragon Street, right Gov. Forbes towards Tayuman and Capulong, left R-10 to the Pier Zone.
- SOUTHERN TRUCK ROUTE
4. Are there any areas in the Metropolis that implement a "Total Truck Ban?"
Yes, there are. There is a "Total Truck Ban" along Epifanio delos Santos Avenue (EDSA), between Edsa Magallanes to North Avenue Quezon City everyday except Sundays, and Holidays.
5. How much is the fine for violating the Truck Ban Ordinance?
Any person who violates the provisions of this Ordinance shall be punished by a fine of P2,000.